His promise.........Jeremiah 29:11

I live in Shelbyville, KY with my awesome husband, Tim, and our incredible 8 year old son, Joseph. I was born and raised in Chattanooga, TN and moved to the central KY area 15 years ago when Tim and I married on August 14, 1993. My time in KY has been a huge blessing in my life and I look forward to seeing where the Lord will lead me.

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A good book


I have been taking notice of people who are reading books out in public. This usually happens at a coffee shop, parks during lunch hours, and a few restaurants where people are sitting alone. The behavior of reading a book has caught my eye because it's not common anymore. Most often people are talking with the people they are with or on the phone. Kids are typically playing hand-held video games or complaining to a parent that they aren't playing them. So I was very pleased to happen upon a girl in a park who was reading a book that looked like it had been passed down through generations. It was a spine-cracked, dog-eared copy of "The Little Prince". This book looked well read and well loved. My interest was peaked because this young girl looked as though she was really enjoying this book. I have never had the pleasure of reading it, so I set out to find a copy. I was blessed to find one (and rather cheap at that) at our local Peddler's Mall. I began reading it that very night and now completely understand why this was a loved book. If you haven't read it then do yourself a favor and pick up a copy today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home