His promise.........Jeremiah 29:11

I live in Shelbyville, KY with my awesome husband, Tim, and our incredible 8 year old son, Joseph. I was born and raised in Chattanooga, TN and moved to the central KY area 15 years ago when Tim and I married on August 14, 1993. My time in KY has been a huge blessing in my life and I look forward to seeing where the Lord will lead me.

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Our lives in the past month...

The family is settling in nicely to our new home. We've been in here completely for a month and things are good so far. It's smaller, but works well for us. Its closer to the Family Activity Center (where we spend a lot of our time) and only adds about 5 minutes onto our commute to The Point. It looks like we will be able to get a car into our garage within the next 3 months...this is a big deal since neither of our current vehicles have ever been garaged. We're becoming grown-ups!!! :-)



Our days lately have been rather predictable. We get up, go to swim practice, stay a little while to swim for pleasure, come home and crash, then it's time for daddy to come home. Mondays have been the toughest because of swim meets, but they have been fun! Joseph's technique and, consequently, timing got better every week. He ended the season a few seconds short of being eligible for the Qualifying meet, but we are super proud of him. He loved being on the team and we are in the process of considering letting him be a part of the Shelby Sharks. They are a more competitive, hardcore team (which would be good for Joe), but you need to be more serious than he has been with it all. Either way, on Monday we are starting a routine of swimming for exercise everyday. I'm looking forward to it. We have gone twice this week and it reminded me how much I've missed swimming seriously. The pictures here were taken by Aunt Melinda at the Olham Co. meet. You may notice in the picture above that Joe is smiling while he swims...no doubt, the boy was born to swim.


Tim started his new job with Humana at the beginning of the month. He likes it a lot and appears to be relaxed and happy. He has always been such a great provider for our family!

That's it for now. Have a great weekend and hopefully I'll post again soon. :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting, you know I love to read! Great swim pictures!!
Rhonda

4:33 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home