His promise.........Jeremiah 29:11

I live in Shelbyville, KY with my awesome husband, Tim, and our incredible 8 year old son, Joseph. I was born and raised in Chattanooga, TN and moved to the central KY area 15 years ago when Tim and I married on August 14, 1993. My time in KY has been a huge blessing in my life and I look forward to seeing where the Lord will lead me.

Name:
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Nana-nana-boo-boo...you can't catch me! Oh, wait, yes you can!


I just watched USA Men's Swim Team member, Jason Lezak, come from behind to place first in the 4 X 100 m freestyle relay. It was AWESOME!!!! The race itself was great, but the circumstances surrounding it made it even better. On early Sunday morning in Beijing, a member of the French Men's Swim Team made some comments that we just uncalled for. In reference to the 4X100 freestyle relay, Alain Bernard said, "The Americans? We're going to smash them. That's what we came here for." Boy was he wrong! :-) I have seen some great races in my lifetime, but this was about the best. The French were favored for this event and so confident they would win. Even NBC Sports announcer and former Olympic gold medalist, Rowdy Gaines, could not see how the US team could possibly pull out a win. Lezak did a superb job of bringing home the gold for the US. What a special moment in Olympic history. I love the Olympic Games!!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home